- Do you know the size the fish will grow to as an adult?
- Have you researched what species this fish is best suited to be tanked with?
- Is the fish an aggressive breed that needs its own tank?
- Have you seen the fish in the sellers home to ensure it is healthy?
- Do you have a fish specialist vet within travelling distance to your home?
- Do you have the space for the equipment required to care for and home this fish?
- Do you have the required equipment in place before purchase?
If the answer to any of these questions is no, please reconsider your purchase, if you are concerned about the fish’s welfare, you can report the matter to Freeads or directly to the RSPCA.