- Is the dog a legal to own breed in the U.K.?
- Have you met the dog in its own home or the puppy with its mother?
- Have you been allowed to visit the animal two or more times?
- Do you know the animals history and any behavioural issues?
- Are the dogs medical records up to date?
- Has the dog (at 6 months +) been neutered or spayed?
- Has the dog been microchipped and does the current owner have the chip details?
- If required, have you seen the sellers breeders or pet shop license?
- If imported, does the animal have all the correct paperwork and a passport?
If the answer to any of these questions is no, please consider using a different breeder or seller and if you are concerned about the animals welfare, you can report the matter to Freeads or directly to the RSPCA.