- Never send or hand over items upfront in advance of receiving payment. If you are using a secure payment method (i.e PayPal or bank transfer), check that the credit amount is showing as cleared funds on your balance. If a buyer is paying by cheque, make sure the funds have cleared first.
Posting the item
- Always send the item to the address located in "My Orders"
- Always retain your proof of delivery & send your item via recorded delivery to be covered for any losses during transit and ensure the postage insurance is adequate.
- Freeads recommends AnyVan to deliver items to buyers.
Meeting the buyer face to face
- Do not give buyers your personal details until you are sure that they are who they say they are and a genuine buyer.
- For your personal safety, meet in a ‘lighted’ public place rather than your home and always take someone with you, or at least tell a friend where you’re going.
- Be aware of top scam warning signs, and if in doubt about a buyer either contact us or simply find another buyer.
- Use your common sense. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- If a buyer offers a vastly reduced buying price or offers to pay more than you are asking for - be aware that they may be trying to con you.