- Never send or hand over items upfront in advance of receiving payment. If you are using a secure payment method (i.e PayPal or bank transfer), check that the credit amount is showing as cleared funds on your balance. If a buyer is paying by cheque, make sure the funds have cleared first.
Freeads recommends taking instant payment using our "buy now" functionality. This is available when you post or edit your ad. This means you will be covered by PayPal Seller Protection.
Posting the item
- Always send the item to the address located in "My Orders" to be covered by PayPal Seller Protection
- Always retain your proof of delivery & send your item via recorded delivery to be covered by PayPal Seller Protection. This way, if a buyer claims they haven't received the item / it got lost in the post, we will be able to verify that you delivered it to them. Please note in order to be considered valid, proof of delivery needs to contain the postcode and delivery address.
- Freeads recommends Nimber to deliver items to buyers. Learn more
Meeting the buyer face to face
- Do not give buyers your personal details until you are sure that they are who they say they are and a genuine buyer.
- For your personal safety, meet in a ‘lighted’ public place rather than your home and always take someone with you, or at least tell a friend where you’re going.
- Be aware of top scam warning signs, and if in doubt about a buyer either contact us or simply find another buyer.
- Use your common sense. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- If a buyer offers a vastly reduced buying price or offers to pay more than you are asking for - be aware that they may be trying to con you.