Freeads is a wonderful community of ordinary people looking to buy something brilliant, make a few pounds or promote their business. To make sure our community thrives we have to make sure that our ads do not fall below the standards listed below.
If your ad breaches any of the following (or is deemed inappropriate) our automated checks may edit or remove your ad, or suspend your account. If this happens, get in touch and we'll give you some advice to get your ad back online.
- All ads must be legal to sell in the United Kingdom
- All ads must have a valid email address and UK postcode.
IMPORTANT: Please do not post your email address, telephone number or website in your ad, photo or email message. There are fields elsewhere for this and it may result in your account being automatically suspended.
- All ads outside of the jobs, property, services and community categories must have a valid UK telephone number.
- Ads must be placed in an appropriate category
- Do not post duplicate ads. Your ad will appear in both local and national results.
- No hate speech, violence, offensive/abusive language or ads targeting an individual or company.
- If posting rewards for lost or stolen items be careful that you do not indicate that there would be "no questions asked" or offer immunity from prosecution as this is illegal under section 23 of the theft act 1968.
- Do not offer to ship live animals.
- Animals that require licences for ownership must be declared in the ad.
Restricted items & services:
- No adult products or services. We take a zero tolerance to ads of any sexual nature whether implicit or explicit.
- No firearms within the freeads.co.uk site (see below for Hunting & Sporting guidelines)
- No pharmaceuticals, diet pills, alcohol or miracle cures.
- No multi level marketing (MLM), get rich quick schemes.
- No "jobs" that do not meet minimum wage or require a fee.
- Finance products must be from regulated providers (I.e. no doorstep loans).
- No hacked games consoles, pirated games or “replica” (fake) goods of any kind.
- No adware/malware or illegal downloads (pirated content)
- No bulk marketing lists (E.g. bulk SMS)
Health & Beauty Services guidelines:
The following refers to people offering massage services and needs to be adhered to in order to make sure this section is kept professional and clean.
- All massage ads posted in this section and other sections of the site are strictly non-refundable.
- Don’t discriminate – the service should be open to everyone.
- Photos must be professional and not include body parts.
- Keep it clean. We don’t allow adult or sexual services. If you have qualifications, mention them.
- We don’t allow free massages, or massages offered in exchange of another massage or service.
- ‘Massage wanted’ ads aren’t allowed.
- We don’t allow Tantric, Nuru, Sensual, Body-to-Body or naturist massages. (list is not exclusive)
Dog breeding welfare guidelines:
- Puppies must not be rehomed before they are 8 weeks old.
- Bitches should only breed once they are more than 12 months old, only breed once a year and no more than 6 times in their lifetime.
- We DO NOT allow puppy farms. If you sell more than 4 litters of puppies in a year, by law you must have a “dog breeders license”. You can apply for this from your local council. If you cannot provide us with this, you will be considered a puppy farm and your ads will not be allowed.
Hunting & Sporting guidelines: Note - this section sits outside the main freeads.co.uk site and behind a permission gateway
All items in this category are legal* to buy and sell subject to the following:
- Some firearms, shotguns and rifles may need to be licensed and are held on a firearm or shotgun certificate
- Low powered air weapons do not need a license in England and Wales unless they are of a type declared specially dangerous by the Firearms (Dangerous Air Weapons) Rules 1969
- An air weapon is “specially dangerous” if it is capable of discharging a missile with kinetic energy in excess, in the case of an air pistol, of 6 foot lbs or, in the case of other air weapons,12 foot lbs
*For more guidance, see Home Office - Guide on Firearms Licensing Law